Jared Leto. Sigh. Jared Leto's hair (both head and facial). Sigh.

Of course, my first exposure to him was in the sub-par (but much loved by moi) Prefontaine, in which he played the titular character.  There aren't too many high school runners out there who won't admit to wanting to bear his children, young women and men alike.  I mean, really--who wouldn't want to kiss a mouth surrounded by this mustache?  Who wouldn't want to LOSE THEMSELVES IN THIS MUSTACHE?  
And then, it was Fight Club.  Violent, loud, dumb at times, but genius, too. So so so so genius.   And who steals the movie?  Who steals the movie from Brad Pitt and Edward Norton with JUST THE VERY FREAKING PRESENCE OF HIS HAIR?  
That's right, oh yes, Jared Leto.  Jaaaaaarrrreeehd Leeeeeeetoooooooooooh.  Look at that crazy-ass stance he has there.  He's like a rabid and feral ferret or something.  (A hot rabid and feral ferret, if you can believe it.)

And even though I hate Girl, Interrupted with a burning passion that I simply cannot contain in a semi-short blog post, Jared Leto once again owns the movie, scraggliness and all: 
And even though I really wasn't a fan of Jodie Foster's lame Panic Room, who doesn't love Leto's cornrows?  Forest Whitaker is thinking, If only I had cornrows.  IF ONLY.  Dude, now I want cornrows.  
And playing Colin Farrell's male companion in Alexander?  Still hot.  Hello, lover.
I would, however, be remiss if I didn't include a picture of his most current role as Mark David Chapman, murderer of John Lennon (and the tender love of pretty much every freaking person on the planet).  Even as a hefty lil' turd, my heart still melts just a little for him.  
And I scream just a little, too, but worry not; it is as the smoldering, distant, and unattainable Jordan Catalano in the so-painfully-good-it-hurts My So-Called Life that I place him on my Top 5 list, along with Paul Giamatti, Clive Owen, Daniel Craig, and Eric Bana.  
Just look at that embodiment-of-the-'90s plaid button-down.  LOOK.  AT.  IT.  Remember when Angela Chase becomes fixated on a little frayed part at the edge of the collar of this shirt and you feel nothing but sadness and love for him?  And oh!  The choker!  And THE HAIR.  
I have the urge to softly brush that little swatch of hair out of his eyes.  

1 Comment:

  1. Leslie Amundson said...
    This was the greatest thing I have EVER READ! You are in my head and it's crepping me out.

    p.s. OMG JARED LETO!!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home